Monday, September 22, 2008

Am I the only one in this boat?

"Are you registered to vote?" A question I've been asked several times in the past month. Never have I ever been so curious about what the future holds for America. I've also never voted or been concerned about elections and such until now. I should have been concerned a long time before this, but seeing as how I am now legally able to vote, I have taken serious interest in what's going to happen in the coming months.
I am a registered Democrat, but lately I've been wondering if that's what I really am. In doing my homework on potential presidents Obama and McCain, it's been hard finding information that isn't one-sided.
I have been watching Hardball with Chris Matthews.
I've watched live news coverage and speeches.
I've been reading up on both candidates' plans for our sad economy and watched broadcasters explain what's really going on.
None of these has helped me decide on who to vote for, because they all seem to simply bash the opposing candidate. I want to be fair.
"If only I could find objective information on these two men! I watch and watch and read and watch, but I'm learning nothing but bad things about each one!" I screamed at Chris Matthews last Tuesday. Okay, I didn't really say it out loud, but I thought it.
So, seeing as how election day is one month and eleven days away, I decided to do some concrete searching on the internet, and it didn't take me long to find a useful site with profiles of Obama and McCain. The website is as follows.
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/
Am I the only one in this boat, though?
And, are you registered to vote?


In my next post, I will talk about voting statistics and the importance of YOUR vote. :)

1 comment:

Richard said...

nice glad to see that i am not the only one that thinks there is nothing really being said but trash talking one another.